At Probable Futures, we take privacy very seriously. We work hard not to collect information we don’t explicitly need and avoid integrating tools that collect data in unsolicited ways. When we do collect data, we protect it and have controls in place to protect it.
Collection of your information
When you use any of our Sites, we automatically collect some information through the web browser that you use to connect with the Site (“Device Information”). The Device Information that your web browser provides includes:
- IP address
- Type of Web browser
- Web page(s) visited
- Time Zone / Locale
We also collect information that you provide through our Sites such as if you want to subscribe to our newsletters, which are distributed by email. We request your first and last name and email address (which are PII) for such subscriptions. Below we refer to both Device Information and PII as “Personal Data.”
Use of your information
We use the Device Information we collect from you and other Site users to analyze user preferences and thereby to make our Sites more useful and helpful to you and other Site users.
We use your contact information (name and email address) to send you our newsletters and other information we think may be of interest to you.
We may use any of your Personal Data as necessary to fulfill our legal obligations and for our legitimate business purposes, such as internal administration, as well as to protect you and others from identity theft or other forms of harm.
Sharing and transferring your information
In no case do we sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties, and we do not otherwise share your Personal Information with such parties for their marketing purposes. We share your Personal Data with trusted entities, as outlined below.
We share Personal Data with a limited number of our service providers. We have service providers that provide us with services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, email delivery, and auditing services. These service providers may need to access Personal Data to perform their services. We authorize such service providers to use or disclose the Personal Data to which we afford them access only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require such service providers to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Data they process on our behalf.
We also may share your Personal Data to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. In the event of a legal reorganization, such as an acquisition of our company or some or all of its assets, we may share your Personal Information with the acquiring or potentially acquiring party along with our other assets.
Do not track
We are not tracking or targeting users with cookies and we do not use other services that do so. Since our site only collects data we need to identify a user within our own system, there is no tracking to stop when a Do Not Track request is sent by a Site user.
Use by minors
The Site is not intended for use by individuals under the age of thirteen (13). If we were to receive any Personal Data that we knew was from a child under age 13, we would delete it.
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data:
- Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us. If you no longer want to receive emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving emails from us, we may still send you important administrative email messages that are required to provide you with our Services.
- Updating your Personal Data. If you would like to review, correct, or update Personal Data that you have previously disclosed to us, you may send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your request for such review, correction, or amendment.
- Data protection rights. Depending on your location and applicable law, you may have certain rights with regard to the Personal Data about you that we control. These may include:
- The right to learn whether Probable Futures processes Personal Data relating to you, and to request a copy of any such Personal Data;
- The right to have your Personal Data that Probable Futures controls amended if it is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated, and to have some or all of that Data erased (deleted) in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict the use and sharing of your Personal Data by Probable Futures in certain circumstances;
- The right to request that we export to another company, where technically feasible, your Personal Data that we hold in order to provide Services to you.
- Where the processing of your Personal Data is based on your previously given consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data on grounds relating to your particular situation.
You may request to exercise the rights listed above by contact Probable Futures at email@example.com. We take each request seriously and we will comply with your request as required by applicable law. We will not be able to respond to a request if we no longer hold your Personal Data. If you feel that you have not received a satisfactory response from us, you may consult with the data protection authority in your country.
For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address from which you send the request matches your email address that we have on file.
Protecting personal data
We use reasonable measures to protect your Personal Data. Please be aware that no security measures can guarantee with certainty that Personal Data will not be compromised. Please do not send us information that you consider highly confidential without taking special steps (such as encrypting the information) to protect its security.
We would be glad to hear from you if you have any questions about this Policy or our data privacy and security practices. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.